Intention, what is intention?
According to the Macquarie Dictionary intent and intention can be describes by the following;
Intention the act of determining mentally upon some action or result; an intending or purposing; firmly or steadfastly fixed or directed upon something.
So the general idea is that intention is about having a purpose or direction and firmly, steadfastly fixing on that intention. Now in the instance of using intention as a tool or a direction for healing the practitioner focuses their own intention on the required outcome for the client ie healing or wellness, and it is that ‘intention’ which along with the clients acceptance of the healing intention of the practitioner, and the healing itself which accomplishes the ‘healing’.
Now if we break that statement down into its individual components we see that there are a series of intentions at work here
- The Intention of the practitioner in supplying the required or requested healing / modality
- The intention of the client who has requested the healing and wishes to be healed
- The level of the client’s intention, how much do they actually wish to be healed, a little or a lot, or are they there for a healing under sufferance due to pressure from a family member or friend.
- The level of intention of the practitioner, are they feeling great and in peak performance, do they perhaps have an agenda of there own that they are dealing with, are they being affected by a previous client or an intention from an outside source.
- Did the client actually present or request the healing personally, or is this an ‘absent healing’ requested on behalf of the client by another person? And if so does the person it has been requested for know about it, or have they given their permission for this healing?
- Last but not least if the practitioner is working with guides, or some form of etheric assistance there is the intention of this ‘extra’ party or parties to be taken into consideration also. Just because some one has a guide it does not mean that they are necessarily of a high order or intention.
So my friends the plot thickens and so too may the intention, now for better or worse can be any ones guess given the variables above.
As practitioner of long standing, I have constantly reiterated to my students the value of intention, and that it must be of the most high.
DO NOT send healing or intention where it is not wanted or not requested, just because some one thinks they are doing a favour for a friend, it may well be a trespass of the highest order.
Do you know what that person’s life contract is? Are you interfering in some thing which does not concern you, or are you aiding and abetting that interference from another in the name of light and love when that should perhaps be spelt ego as they feel that ‘they know best’ what is right for some one else.
Please be aware of your own intention, I will continue this theme in a chapter on Trespass.